Vital Records Storage
Vital records are defined as records containing information essential to the survival of an organization in the event of a disaster, since they document an organization's legal and financial position and preserve the rights of employees, customers and stockholders. ARMA International and the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) estimates that in most organizations, only 1-10% of their records are deemed vital.
There are two types of vital records:
- Emergency operating records - Records essential to the continued functioning of an organization during (emergency response activities) and after an emergency to ensure the continuation of the organization.
- Rights and interests records - Records essential to the protection of the legal and financial rights of an organization and of the individuals directly affected by the organization's activities.
A vital records plan should be part of every organizationís overall records and information management (RIM) program. Key elements of a vital records program include:
- Developing a plan for identifying and protecting vital information
- Conducting an analysis of threats and risks
- Selecting protection methods
- Implementing and maintaining a vital records protection program for your organization
RCI provides secure vital records protection options for hard copy, electronic back up media and electronic records including:
- Secure, offsite media vault storage that includes bio-metric security, fire protection and complete climate control
- RCI Web-Hosted Storage for digital storage and access to images of vital documents
Need a Quote?
Complete our online form for more information.